This morning I woke up, completely wide awake at around 6am.
Wish I knew someone who is a professional dream interpreter. Although I’m pretty sure it’s just a result of all the information I’m trying to cram into my brain all at once.
A few pieces from the crazy dream:
- George Hincapie was at the IM AZ practice swim with me and egging me on that I couldn’t keep up.
- I started swimming but as I put my hand in the water to stroke, I felt a pine tree in my way so I started “running” on the tree. “This is going to be a piece of cake swim if there are logs/trees for me to run on.” (I had swimming fins on too)
- I finished the swim and ended up on my parents cabin (!?).
- We chatted and all of a sudden I realized it was 5:30pm. The race was supposed to start at 3pm.
- I ran down to the water/dock which looked like the Jacksonville Landing freaking out. Oh and it was dusk. That stood out in my mind for some reason.
- “How in the world am I gonna make up all that time?!?!”
- Pam was there. “Don’t worry, now you can just go hit on chicks in the crowd” (I wasn’t interested in that, I just wanted to race!)
Then I woke up. It’s so strange to really feel those intense feelings of anxiety in a dream. They felt so real.
Perhaps they are the feelings our brains want to feel on a daily basis, but suppress them so we are not lunatics in public?
I hope I don’t miss the start of the Ironman in November. 😉